Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life. You want it to be perfect and full of beautiful memories. Hiring a wedding pianist is one way to make your wedding day even more magical. A wedding pianist can provide the perfect accompaniment to your special day, adding elegance, romance, and a touch of sophistication. In this article, we'll discuss how to choose the ideal wedding pianist, the benefits of hiring one, popular wedding songs, the cost of hiring a pianist, tips for finding the right wedding pianist, how to make sure the wedding pianist fits your budget, and questions to ask a potential wedding pianist.
How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Pianist
Choosing the right wedding pianist is essential for making your wedding day memorable. Here are some tips for finding the perfect wedding pianist:
- Look for reviews online. This can help you get an idea of the quality of the musician's work.
- Set up a meeting with the wedding pianist. This will help you get to know them better and ensure that they're the right fit for your special day.
- Ask if they can supply their own piano. Most venues don't have their own.
- Check for photos of their piano. Although it won't affect the sound, a stylish piano is far more attractive than a basic electronic keyboard.
- Listen to samples of their work. You want to make sure that the musician's style fits with your vision for your wedding.
- Ask your friends and family for recommendations. If they've been to a wedding with a great pianist, they'll be able to give you some great tips.
- Ask them what their repertoire is. You want to make sure that they can play the songs you'd like for your wedding.
Benefits of Hiring a Wedding Pianist
There are many benefits to hiring a wedding pianist for your special day. Here are just a few of them:
- It adds a touch of elegance to your wedding. A live pianist can add a unique touch of sophistication to your wedding.
- It sets the mood. The right music can create the perfect atmosphere for your wedding.
- It creates a memorable experience. Your guests will remember your wedding for years to come.
- It can add a personal touch. A wedding pianist can play your favourite songs and help create the perfect soundtrack for your special day.
Popular Wedding Songs for Your Special Day
When choosing a song for your wedding, it's crucial to pick one that reflects your relationship and your personality. Here are some popular wedding songs for your special day:
- "At Last" by Etta James. This classic love song is a timeless choice for your wedding day.
- "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley. This romantic ballad is perfect for a bride and groom who are hopelessly in love.
- "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri. This song is perfect for couples who have been together for a long time.
- "All of Me" by John Legend. This song is perfect for couples who are deeply in love.
- "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra. This classic love song is perfect for a romantic wedding.
- "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele. This beautiful love song is sure to make your wedding day memorable.
- "A Moment Like This" by Kelly Clarkson. This song is perfect for couples who are full of joy on their special day.
- "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston. This classic love song is sure to bring tears to your eyes.
- "I Giorni" by Ludovico Einaudi. A popular song to create a more classical atmosphere.
- "Canon in D" Johann Pachelbel. Another tremendous classical tune to set the mood.
The Cost of Hiring a Wedding Pianist
The cost of hiring a wedding pianist can vary depending on the pianist, the distance they have to travel, and the performance length. You can expect to pay anywhere from £200-£1000 for a solo pianist depending on the required hours. You may want them to play as you and your fiance walk down the aisle or in the afternoon while you and your guests enjoy welcome drinks before the reception. Make sure the cost includes the piano hire if your venue does not have one.
Always ensure you get your booking details in writing and confirm it in an official contract with the supplier. You should expect to pay a deposit to secure your date, with the remainder usually due four weeks before the wedding, although this can vary. All payments should be followed up with a receipt from the pianist.
Roger Miners Wedding Pianist is the highest-rated and most recommended wedding pianist in Cornwall. Roger is a hugely talented, professional, multi-award-winning Cornish wedding day pianist. With over a thousand songs in his repertoire, Roger is sure to be able to accommodate your requests, or if you have something unique in mind, he is happy to learn something new to make your day extra special. With Roger, nothing is too much trouble, and he is truly a fantastic person to work with. I'm always extra excited when I know I get to photograph a wedding alongside Roger.
Add some style to your wedding with one of Roger's Baby Grand Pianos! Available in white (Images on this page) and black, they can be set up and played anywhere as they run off high-capacity battery power. The baby grand can also be a feature of your day and create lasting memories.
Getting married outside? On a clifftop? Or in the woods? You can have your very own personal pianist!
Questions to Ask a Potential Wedding Pianist
Once you've found a potential wedding pianist, it's important to ask them questions to ensure they're the right fit for your special day.
Here are some questions to ask a potential wedding pianist:
- What type of music do you specialise in?
- Do you have any samples of your work that I can listen to?
- How much do you charge for a performance?
- When is the final payment due?
- What kind of equipment do you use?
- Are you able to supply your own piano?
- What does your piano look like?
- Are there any questions regarding access I may need to ask my wedding venue?
What to Look for in a Wedding Pianist
When choosing a wedding pianist, it's important to make sure that they're the right fit for your special day. Here are some things to look for in a wedding pianist:
- Professionalism. Make sure the pianist is professional and prompt.
- Experience. Look for a pianist who has experience playing at weddings.
- Repertoire. Make sure that the pianist can play the songs you'd like for your wedding.
- Flexibility. Look for a pianist who is willing to work with you to make your special day perfect.
- Personality. Make sure the pianist is personable and able to work with your guests.
- Reviews. Look for reviews from past clients to make sure the pianist does quality work.
Hiring a wedding pianist can add elegance, romance, and sophistication to your special day. When choosing a wedding pianist, it's essential to listen to samples of their work, ask for recommendations, compare prices, and ask them questions. It's also important to ensure the wedding pianist fits your budget, so get quotes from different musicians and consider the options available.
One thing is for sure, with the right wedding pianist, your wedding day will be even more magical!
As a professional Cornish wedding photographer, I have attended weddings of all shapes and sizes. My couples have walked down the aisle to the beautiful sounds played by a violinist, enjoyed afternoon drinks with a talented pianist and danced the night away to a saxophonist. Those are all memories you won't want to miss, and with my wedding day photography coverage, you will be able to relive those memories for decades to come.
Share this post
Professional, Fun and Relaxed Wedding Photography
My name is Steven! I'm a full-time documentary wedding photographer from Cornwall. I specialise in relaxed and unposed photography, capturing the moments of your day as they happen.
I love what I do, and I always have fun doing it. If you are looking for someone to capture every moment, create beautiful lasting memories, someone who will laugh with your guests, talk to the kids, pet all the dogs and get stuck into almost any task on the day, then I am the person for you!